by Ann Coulter
January 18, 2010
Originally published December 9, 2009.
Whoa, Ann, More Immoral than Dead Ted? He personally took the word moral out of morality. His claim to fame, a fat drunken sot, Lothario, serial sex addict, and liar. Granted Coakley would better serve as dog catcher in Chicago, but give the gal a break, Random thoughts while observing the passing parade. Ted is burning in hell as you read, J.C.
In Tuesday’s primary election, Massachusetts Democrats chose as their Senate nominee a woman who kept a clearly innocent man in prison in order to advance her political career.
Martha Coakley isn’t even fit for the late Teddy Kennedy’s old seat. (What is it about this particular Senate seat?)
During the daycare/child molestation hysteria of the ’80s, Gerald Amirault, his mother, Violet, and sister, Cheryl, were accused of raping children at the family’s preschool in Malden, Mass., in what came to be known as the second-most notorious witch trial in Massachusetts history.
The allegations against the Amiraults were preposterous on their face. Children made claims of robots abusing them, a “bad clown” who took the children to a “magic room” for sex play, rape with a 2-foot butcher knife, other acts of sodomy with a “magic wand,” naked children tied to trees within view of a highway, and — standard fare in the child abuse hysteria era — animal sacrifices.
There was not one shred of physical evidence to support the allegations — no mutilated animals, no magic rooms, no butcher knives, no photographs, no physical signs of any abuse on the children.
Not one parent noticed so much as unusual behavior in their children — until after the molestation hysteria began.
There were no witnesses to the alleged acts of abuse, despite the continuous and unannounced presence of staff members, teachers, parents and other visitors at the school.
Not one student ever spontaneously claimed to have been abused. Indeed, the allegations of abuse didn’t arise until the child therapists arrived.
Nor was there anything in the backgrounds of the Amiraults that fit the profile of sadistic, child-abusing monsters. Violet Amirault had started the Fells Acre Day School 18 years before the child molestation hysteria erupted.
Thousands of happy and well-adjusted students had passed through Fells Acres. Many returned to visit the school; some even attended Cheryl’s wedding a few years before the inquisition began.
It’s one thing to put a person in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. It’s another to put an entire family in prison for a crime that didn’t take place.
In the most outrageous miscarriage of justice since the Salem witch trials, in July 1986, Gerald Amirault was convicted of raping and assaulting six girls and three boys and sentenced to 30 to 40 years in prison. The following year, Violet and Cheryl Amirault were convicted of raping and assaulting three girls and a boy and were sentenced to 8 to 20 years.
The motto of the witch-hunters was “Believe the Children!” But the therapists resolutely refused to believe the children as long as they denied being abused. As the police advised the parents: In cases of child abuse, “no” can mean “yes.”
To the children’s credit, they held firm to their denials for heroic amounts of time in the face of relentless questioning.
But as copious research in the wake of the child abuse cases has demonstrated, small children are highly suggestible. It’s surprisingly easy to implant false memories into young minds by simply asking the same questions over and over again.
Indeed, the interviewing techniques in the Amirault case were so successful that the children also made accusations against three other teachers, two imaginary people named “Mr. Gatt” and “Al” and even against the child therapist herself — the one claim of abuse that was provably true. Complete Story
- Camp Obama projects Coakley loss in Mass Special Election; UPDATE: CNN SCRUBBED their report!
- Coakley to Mass Voters: “Curt Schilling (Scott Brown supporter) is a Yankees Fan”; That’s equiv to telling voters Obama is a Republican; On What PLANET do you live?!?!; Update: Response from Curt Schilling
- MSNBC’s take on Scott Brown? Vote 10 times to keep ‘those bastards out’; Ed? you gonna do a shooting spree next?
- SEIU flips Obama the Purple Finger of Fate; campaigns for Scott Brown (no, I’m not kidding)
- Obama? Come stump for Coakley and you will See… a Boston Tea Party just for Thee; UPDATE: Obama’s Boston Tea Party On, lets ROLL
- Cass Sunstein – The Red General
- Drug Industry Threatening to End Support for Obama’s Health Bill
- Classic “I was paid $50.00 To hold this Sign For Coakley, But I’m voting for Scott Brown
- This Should Send a Hell of a Lot of People to Jail
- Greens Flip: Senate Cap-and-Trade Bill ‘Not a Serious Proposal’
- You knew it was going to happen
- Massachusetts: ‘Bottom has fallen out’ of Coakley’s polls; Dems prepare to explain defeat, protect Obama
- Health Bill Can Pass Senate With 51 Votes
- The Most Dangerous Radical Czar Part I
- The Most Dangerous and Radical Czar Part II
- Calling All ‘Ayerabs’
- CBO: Stimulus impact will fade in 6 months
- An absolutely Amazing Site: Want to see where stimulus money is going in your state?
- Meet the New M-60 Machine Gun
- Hey Obama, Who’s Freddy?
- 2009 Jihad Watch Award Winners
- “Hand of Allah” at Work in Iran
- Biggest Government Porkers of 2009 Named by Group
- GTMO Greenwell accuses Hawaii police of “eating children”
- Clinton Camp Memo on Obama’s “Embellished Words”
- the Numbers are Out!
- Employers unexpectedly cut jobs in December
- America Under Attack! Sunstein’s Unconstitutional Idealogy in our Court System?
- Obama’s Council of Governors: Congress Granted Federal power to control us on a Local and State level!
- Only Obama’s Inner Circle may enter the SECRET meetings, now that is Transparency in our face!
- JFK and MLK warned Americans: Is there anyone that can replace these GREAT Patriots?
- North American Union: Protect Biodiversity of WHAT Species?
- NWO Political Media technique: Problem-Reaction-Solution. Are we ASKING them to enslave us?
- America: Broke and Indebted to Foreign Countries that WANT our land and property. What will they do with all the deposed people?
- French declare Carbon Levy Unconstitutional? Hope in US horizon?
- Per UN, 2010: Year of Biodiversity? Is “ALL Human Activity causing Diversity of Life on Earth to be lost’?
- Bilderbergers: Creating a New World Order or completing “Work of the Ages”?
- Obama grants immunity powers to FOREIGN INTERPOL OVER our Constitution!!WTF?
- Terminator Seed 3: Plot to Control Our Food Supply?
- Terminator Seeds 2: Plot to Control our Food Supply?
- Terminator Seed 1: Plot to Control Our Food Supply?
- Leftwing Corruption of America good, Rightwing Values and Principals bad?
- Obama Schlepping For Newsweek Magazine??
- 2010 Election Reboot, And The Potential Fallout.
- Obama’s Other Cheek? Now Tough On Terrorism
- David Brooks, Touts Educated Class? Tea Party, A Fractious Confederation? Game On!
- The Smoking Gun, And Why It’s Being Ignored By Both Parties.
- Fannie, Freddie, Fraud
- Did Next Commander-in-Chief Falsify Selective Service Registration? Never Actually Register? Obama’s Draft Registration Raises Serious Questions
- Government says Inefficiency due to Old Computers
- Nancy, if you think we’ll surrender, I have a message for you…
- Nothing About Obama Is On The Le
- Another Quote of the day – Barney Frank
- Great Blogs on Coakley-Brown race
- The Fells River injustice on Coakley’s doorstep
- Pining for those Good Ol’ Cold War days?
- Wanna make the angry voter angrier? Keep blaming Bush.
Regeanite Republican Resistance Brown supporters with home made signs, never seen anything like it, Crumblin’ Croakley Death-Spiral Update, Czech Top-Model: Karolina Kurkova