January 17, 2010
Given the love affair media had with presidential candidate Barack Obama, this is a headline I’m sure few people could have imagined they’d see as the first anniversary of his inauguration approached:
After Year, Hope Turns Into Disappointment
Maybe even more surprising, the contents of this Associated Press piece were just as pessimistic about the man so-called journalists once gushed and fawned over like teenyboppers in the presence of a rock star (h/t Glenn Reynolds):
Forget “can,” “change” and, above all, “hope.” The new word echoing in the blogosphere and beyond as Obama enters Year Two: disappointment.
The polls have shown a wide decline in Americans’ approval of Obama since he first took office last Jan. 20. In fact, according to the latest Gallup Poll, he entered his second year with one of the lowest approval ratings of any president in the last half-century (50 percent of Americans approved of his job performance at the first of January, and 44 percent disapproved.) [...]
[S]ome of the truest Obama believers are among the most letdown.
Consider the anti-war activist upset that Obama has yet to end the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Or the socially liberal surgeon disillusioned with what he sees as a weak stab at health care reform. Or Boyd, “50-ish” and out of work a year now, bitter that the man he backed hasn’t delivered more jobs.
They speak of disappointment in the state of our union. Disappointment in themselves for expecting so much so fast. Disappointment, especially, in the man who, as Boyd says, “raised the bar so high.”
Yes — this really is an AP piece.
How times have changed.
Is this indicative of the kind of media reports we’ll be seeing this week, or is this an outlier?
- Camp Obama projects Coakley loss in Mass Special Election; UPDATE: CNN SCRUBBED their report!
- Coakley to Mass Voters: “Curt Schilling (Scott Brown supporter) is a Yankees Fan”; That’s equiv to telling voters Obama is a Republican; On What PLANET do you live?!?!; Update: Response from Curt Schilling
- MSNBC’s take on Scott Brown? Vote 10 times to keep ‘those bastards out’; Ed? you gonna do a shooting spree next?
- SEIU flips Obama the Purple Finger of Fate; campaigns for Scott Brown (no, I’m not kidding)
- Obama? Come stump for Coakley and you will See… a Boston Tea Party just for Thee; UPDATE: Obama’s Boston Tea Party On, lets ROLL
- Cass Sunstein – The Red General
- Drug Industry Threatening to End Support for Obama’s Health Bill
- Classic “I was paid $50.00 To hold this Sign For Coakley, But I’m voting for Scott Brown
- This Should Send a Hell of a Lot of People to Jail
- Greens Flip: Senate Cap-and-Trade Bill ‘Not a Serious Proposal’
- You knew it was going to happen
- Massachusetts: ‘Bottom has fallen out’ of Coakley’s polls; Dems prepare to explain defeat, protect Obama
- Health Bill Can Pass Senate With 51 Votes
- The Most Dangerous Radical Czar Part I
- The Most Dangerous and Radical Czar Part II
- Calling All ‘Ayerabs’
- CBO: Stimulus impact will fade in 6 months
- An absolutely Amazing Site: Want to see where stimulus money is going in your state?
- Meet the New M-60 Machine Gun
- Hey Obama, Who’s Freddy?
- 2009 Jihad Watch Award Winners
- “Hand of Allah” at Work in Iran
- Biggest Government Porkers of 2009 Named by Group
- GTMO Greenwell accuses Hawaii police of “eating children”
- Clinton Camp Memo on Obama’s “Embellished Words”
- the Numbers are Out!
- Employers unexpectedly cut jobs in December
- America Under Attack! Sunstein’s Unconstitutional Idealogy in our Court System?
- Obama’s Council of Governors: Congress Granted Federal power to control us on a Local and State level!
- Only Obama’s Inner Circle may enter the SECRET meetings, now that is Transparency in our face!
- JFK and MLK warned Americans: Is there anyone that can replace these GREAT Patriots?
- North American Union: Protect Biodiversity of WHAT Species?
- NWO Political Media technique: Problem-Reaction-Solution. Are we ASKING them to enslave us?
- America: Broke and Indebted to Foreign Countries that WANT our land and property. What will they do with all the deposed people?
- French declare Carbon Levy Unconstitutional? Hope in US horizon?
- Per UN, 2010: Year of Biodiversity? Is “ALL Human Activity causing Diversity of Life on Earth to be lost’?
- Bilderbergers: Creating a New World Order or completing “Work of the Ages”?
- Obama grants immunity powers to FOREIGN INTERPOL OVER our Constitution!!WTF?
- Terminator Seed 3: Plot to Control Our Food Supply?
- Terminator Seeds 2: Plot to Control our Food Supply?
- Terminator Seed 1: Plot to Control Our Food Supply?
- Leftwing Corruption of America good, Rightwing Values and Principals bad?
Obama Schlepping For Newsweek Magazine??, 2010 Election Reboot, And The Potential Fallout. , Obama’s Other Cheek? Now Tough On Terrorism
- Fannie, Freddie, Fraud
- Did Next Commander-in-Chief Falsify Selective Service Registration? Never Actually Register? Obama’s Draft Registration Raises Serious Questions
- Government says Inefficiency due to Old Computers
- Nancy, if you think we’ll surrender, I have a message for you…
- Nothing About Obama Is On The Le
- Another Quote of the day – Barney Frank
- Great Blogs on Coakley-Brown race
- The Fells River injustice on Coakley’s doorstep
- Pining for those Good Ol’ Cold War days?
- Wanna make the angry voter angrier? Keep blaming Bush.
Regeanite Republican Resistance Brown supporters with home made signs, never seen anything like it, Crumblin’ Croakley Death-Spiral Update, Czech Top-Model: Karolina Kurkova