Mar. 1, 2010
Many Americans are under the assumption that if Washington makes a law, we must abide by it. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is the hope of “our masters” that we have not read or understand the Constitution, and pay it the same regard as ” our lords” in the current administration. The Founding Fathers in their creative genius, predicted today and a government that would attempt to force upon us legislation that We the People abhor. You know, little issues like Cap and Trade, government sponsored health care denial, banning guns, giving amnesty to illegal aliens, to name several. States across the country are using the Tenth Amendment to protect their citizens from the heavy had of the far left run amok. Random thoughts while bringing some sanity to the passing parade, J.C.
Note well this. Anything not expressly granted to the Federal government is reserved for the States or the People. Although this amendment is very liberally interpreted, it is one of the tenets of the Constitution. This amendment is also known as the States’ Rights Amendment.
by Michael Boldin
The following is based off a speech I gave at the first annual Tenth Amendment Summit in Atlanta, GA on February 26, 2010.
How can a “crazy” Californian and a “conservative” Georgian be friends? It’s simple – through the principles of ’98. In 1798, the John Adams administration signed into law that Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to publish “false, scandalous, and malicious writing” against the government or its officials. In practice, it was used to quell the freedom of speech in dissent against the sitting administration.
In the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798, Thomas Jefferson responded:
“the several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their General Government”
But wait – that’s not all. He went on to say that all undelegated powers exercised by the federal government are “unathoritative, void and of no force.” And, that a “nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.”
Civil Disobedience You Can Believe In
There’s been plenty of people talking about nullification lately, but many people don’t know what it really means. I can think of no better way to define it than how my friend Derek Sheriff from the Arizona Tenth Amendment Center has done:
Nullification is not secession or insurrection, but neither is it unconditional or unlimited submission. Nullification is not something that requires any decision, statement or action from any branch of the federal government. Nullification is not the result of obtaining a favorable court ruling. Nullification is not the petitioning of the federal government to start doing or to stop doing anything. Nullification doesn’t depend on any federal law being repealed. Nullification does not require permission from any person or institution outside of one’s own state.
Nullification is something that’s already happening around the country – and Derek explains the process:
Nullification begins with a decision made in your state legislature to resist a federal law deemed to be unconstitutional. It usually involves a bill, which is passed by both houses and is signed by your governor. In some cases, it might be approved by the voters of your state directly, in a referendum. It may change your state’s statutory law or it might even amend your state constitution. It is a refusal on the part of your state government to cooperate with, or enforce any federal law it deems to be unconstitutional.
At its very core, nullification is mass civil-disobedience to the federal government with the support of the state apparatus. It’s about “We the People” exercising our rights whether the politicians or judges in Washington D.C want to give us “permission” to exercise those rights or not. Complete Story.
Rich Terrel Rich is a VERY talented political satirist and artist. I recently found him his art is featured though out my site. Want some great pictures click on his name above.
- Palin attacker Tom Tancredo, A Tea Party Loose Cannon; dump this idiot now
- Rahm (via proxies) throws Obama, Gibbs, Jarrett and Axelrod under the Rahmbo Bus
- Pelosi’s Cultist Suicide Pact Recruitment Underway
- Progressives pass extension of BUSH Patriot Act, shhh… it’s supposed to be a secret hahaha
- Obama, the Nose-Picker-In-Chief on Live TV
- Liberals think America is Racist and Evil (Video)
- Obama Makes Threat to Ram Barry-Care through(Vid)
- Obama Insults McCain-We’re Not Campaigning Anymore(Vid)
- Van Jones Denies He Signed 9-11 Truther Petition (Vid)
- Liberal Hypocrisy is Catching on Like Wildfire-Van Jones
- Republicans Have Had A Health Care Bill Posted Since July(Vid)
Lisa in Texas
- What the Beck!!! Debra Medina and His river of de-nile!
- Glenn Beck: Truther Fetish going Neo-Con on Debra Medina, candidate for Texas Governor
Diary of a Mad Conservative
- Too much information for the wrong people
- How do you deal with people who live like this?
- Roxanna’s book club: you wanna join – it’s better than Oprah’s
- Obama-ites need to stay out of the deep end
- Breitbart victim of ambush “journalist” Tommy Christorpher at CPAC; gives it back even better
No Left Turnz
Socialism is not the answer
- Gore to Face Trial Over Climate Fraud: Where The Hell is Al?
- Farrakhan Attacks “White Right”
- Who are the real conspiracy theorists?
- Cybersecurity bill to give president new emergency powers
- Judicial Watch Asks Court to Order U.S. Secret Service to Release Hidden Logs of Obama’s White House Visitors
- Hawaii Tsunami warning cancelled
- Tsunami for Hawaii from Chile Earthquake
- Whose is it?
- Happy Birthday Steve
- White House accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races
- what do you do when your name is ACORN?
- Biting the hand that feeds him
- Hawaii Legislators Still Debating Open Carry