DISASTERS IN OBAMACARE
The bullet points below bring new meaning to Nancy Pelosi’s statement, “We have to pass it, to know what’s in it” Clearly, it appears that few have taken the time to read it, with the exception of Republicans and Paul Ryan, Rep from WI, who was prepared enough at the faux “health care summit” to completely eviscerate Obama on National TV. Random thoughts, while knowing in my gut that this bill will never actually become law, J.C.
There are many disasters that will occur under Obamacare, says Benjamin Domenech, managing editor of Health Care News.
You can’t keep your plan even if you like it:
- The president promises you can keep your plan and doctor if you like them — polls show the overwhelming majority of Americans do — but independent analysts found Obamacare would cause a change of plan or doctor for as many as 56 percent of currently covered employees.
- Additionally, your doctor may not want to keep you.
Your insurance premiums will go up:
- The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found Obamacare will increase the average family’s premiums by as much as 13 percent by 2016.
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers found an increase of $4,000 by 2019.
You may be among the hundreds of thousands who lose their jobs:
- The nonpartisan Lewin Group predicts the massive new employer mandates would cause as many as 600,000 workers to lose their jobs under Obamacare.
- Other sources predict even more.
Your tax burden will increase:
- The Senate bill contains as many as 19 new taxes.
- The entire proposal functions as a massive regressive tax falling on the young and lower income workers, making them beholden to subsidies and punishing success.
Your health care will cost more:
- Obamacare’s attempt to “bend the cost curve” and slow the pace of rising health care costs is a sham.
- In reality, the only reductions in cost come through reduced government reimbursements to hospitals and doctors, who will be forced to lower the quality of care and pass more costs on to the taxpayers.
Your doctor may quit:
- A survey by Investor’s Business Daily found 45 percent of doctors said they “would consider leaving their practice or taking an early retirement” if Obamacare passes.
- Seventy-two percent of doctors oppose President Obama’s health care plan.
You and your children will pay for trillions in added debt:
- Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) admits the cost of Obamacare is more than $2.5 trillion over 10 years.
- Claims that the bill is deficit-neutral are based on budgetary gimmicks; we will pay the tab for generations to come.
Source: Benjamin Domenech, “10 Disasters In Obamacare,” Heartland Institute, March 16, 2010.
For more on Health Issues: