Comment by Jim Campbell, Citizen Journalist, Oath Keeper and Patriot.
The Left has taken on another battle they will not win. Their continued attacks on the Second Amendment will fall short.
I must admit I don’t understand the statement below, “If we can just get 117 Republicans in the House to sign the Stockman-Broun letter insisting that no gun control be brought up in the House without the support of 117 Republicans, it will be difficult for House Speaker John Boehner to bring up any gun control in the House.”
A. If there aren’t 117 Republicans in the House who would not gladly sign the Stockman-Broun letter, then they should move on over the other side of the aisle where they belong.
B. If Boehner as Speaker were to even consider bringing this to the House for a vote he needs to be replaced.
Perhaps he hasn’t been paying attention to the hardball tactics of Harry Reid.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, I’m J.C. and I approve this message.
Gun Owners of America
Your activism is making a huge difference!
The Left is not happy at all with Gun Owners of America:
“It’s people like [Erich] Pratt who could derail even modest efforts to bring a modicum of sanity to the nation’s gun laws,” said The Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart on January 16, 2013.
And then there were the insults that CNN’s Piers Morgan threw at GOA Executive Director Larry Pratt when Morgan ran out of arguments — even calling him an “idiot” and “incredibly stupid.”
The Left is scared that their hopes for greater gun control may fall short. They are scared that history is going to repeat itself.
Remember the battle in 2004 when we fought the renewal of Feinstein’s semi-auto ban? The media mourned that:
“GOA’s lobbying probably torpedoed the best chance for [renewing the semi-auto ban] this year.” (National Journal, July 17, 2004).
It’s been almost ten years since we won that battle. And it’s been even longer since GOA stood alone after the Columbine tragedy — drawing a line in the sand — and told Congress that gun owners would accept NOT ONE WORD of gun control.
Now, here we are in 2013 — and the anti-gunners are hysterical. They are worried that their attempts to get stricter gun laws this year are about to slip through their fingers.
For us, this is all good news. But let us make this perfectly clear: THE BATTLE IS NOT WON YET.
And we have to continue to pound, pound, pound — just as we have done over the past two months.
That said, there are good signs around Capitol Hill that your activism is producing tremendous results:
* Anti-gun radicals have all but given up on their ability to pass Feinstein’s semi-automatic ban and magazine ban. Instead, they are focusing on their universal gun registry and a trafficking/licensure bill.
* If we can just get 117 Republicans in the House to sign the Stockman-Broun letter insisting that no gun control be brought up in the House without the support of 117 Republicans, it will be difficult for House Speaker John Boehner to bring up any gun control in the House.
* The handful of House liberal anti-gun Republicans seem to be holding firm in opposition to the universal gun registry. Philadelphia suburban Congressman Meehan -– one of the Left’s two key targets -– yesterday flatly resisted MSNBC’s call for him to endorse the registry.
* Unlike the gun control fight after Columbine -– which we won, with great difficulty -– the pro-gun movement is united. MSNBC’s Joy Reid lamented on January 25 that NRA had become hard-core in order to “compete with extremist [sic] groups like Gun Owners of America.”
* As predicted, the mainline media has shifted, just a little bit, from gun grabbing to job-destruction and amnesty.
So keep up the good work. Your efforts have taken us a long way toward victory. But we are not there yet. We want to thank you for standing with us and for keeping the pressure on!
- 2,071,926 hits
The Place to contact for Gold and Silver Diamonds and Jewelry
On Line Course: The U.S. Constitution
DANGERS OF ALLAH
JOIN OATH KEEPERS
GUN SMITHING CLASS
THERE ARE FAR MORE THAN A MILLION
UPDATED 01-10-13: CONTACT MEMBERS OF CONGRESS TOLL FREE: (866) 220-0044
Dead Ted’s Bridge Driving Academy
OBAMA THE MUSLIM SYMPATHIZER
NEW HILLSDALE COURSE HISTORY 101
EFFECTS OF TAXATION ON BUSINESS
SPECIAL OPS OPSEC
Lenin vs. Obama
THE TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
WHO IS THE REAL OBAMA
ODE TO SPEECH CONTROL POLITICALLY CORRECT SPEECH
DEMOCRATS UP FOR ELECTION IN TWO YEARS WILL KILL OBAMA’S AGENDA
Defining Ignorance: The Holder Justice Department
ON LINE CONSTITUTION
Will We Ever Know the True Cause Of Andrew Brietbart’s death?
SPEC/OPS OFFICERS FORM PAC TO DEFEAT OBAMA
APRIL 17, 2012 SHORTLY AFTER 1 MILLION VISITS
FAIR TAX V FLAT TAX YOU DECIDE
PURCHASE A GADSDEN FLAG AND OTHER ITEMS
Maj. General Paul E. Vallely, (U.S. Army Retired) is the Honorary Chairman of the Veteran Defenders of America Advisory Council.
Soviet Brain Washing Techniques
THE HISTORY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
THE DAILY TELEPROMPTER
EXPOSING THE AMERICAN COMMUNIST LAWYERS UNION
The Latest on Media Cover Ups and Government Lies
WE THE PEOPLE RINO WATCH