January 25, 2010
Sorry Obama, even you are no match for Bill Clinton, arguably the greatest politician of the twentieth century. He listened to the people, had a miserable start which caused him to lose congress. Being pragmatic and wanting to be president for a second term, he triangulated and meant it. He repealed his own tax increases, at the time the largest in U.S. History after promising to to raise taxes. He signed virtually everything into law proposed by the Republicans, resulting in a huge budget surplus. Need their be any better proof that cutting taxes and programs as were done by Newt’s Congress resulted in said surplus? I love it when ignorant folks on the left try to claim that the surplus was the result of the Clinton Administration. Take a quick brush up on how a bill becomes a law.
On the other hand, I do not underestimate Obama’s circumventi0n of the Constitution, using Chicago style politics, voter intimidation, fraud, and using the courts, as well as executive orders to force his agenda upon us. Those represent several reasons that he must be removed from office or turned completely in to a lame duck in November. Random thoughts on why Obama believes he is the boy king, J.C.
Rep. Marion Berry’s parting shot, published in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette [no link, subscription only] offers a warning to moderate Democrats and border state moderates — warning of a midterm bloodbath comparable to the 54-seat D-to-R swing in 1994.
But the jaw-dropper is Berry’s claim that President Obama personally dismissed any comparison between Democrats now and under Bill Clinton 16 years ago — by saying his personal popularity would bail everybody out.
The retiring Berry, who doesn’t say when the remarks were made, now scoffs at Obama’s 50-or-below approval rating:
Writes ADG reporter Jane Fullerton:
Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.
“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.” [snip]
“I began to preach last January that we had already seen this movie and we didn’t want to see it again because we know how it comes out,” said Arkansas’ 1st District congressman, who worked in the Clinton administration before being elected to the House in 1996… “I just began to have flashbacks to 1993 and ’94. No one that was here in ’94, or at the day after the election felt like. It certainly wasn’t a good feeling.”
- Obama’s Three Versions; connecting the Administration’s scatter chart dots
- Obama: The Left’s Moribund Hoper and Changer
- Obama’s Failing War on Reality; it is antipathy to Socialism, Barack
- Obama, high on Liberal ‘Balls Beer,’ goes Don Quixote on America
- Quote for the Day
- CLASS WAR: HOW PUBLIC SERVANTS BECAME OUR MASTERSCLASS WAR: HOW PUBLIC SERVANTS BECAME OUR MASTERS
- No Comments Necessary
- Judge Andrew Napolitano explains why Obama’s newly appointed, unelected, unaccountable, czars are taking power from congress and are totally unconstitutional.
- What Do Jesus, Rifle Scopes and Dead Terrorists Have in Common? Trijicon
- Isn’t it particularly interesting to hear Wayne Rathke, founder of ACORN and running SEIU Comment on the 2010 Elections?
- These Fools Represent What Country? Biden says The U.S. Will Appeal the “Dismissal” In the Blackwater Case
- AMERICA vs. TYRANNY OF THE AMERICAN MEDIA
- Battle for US – a flip for the House from Hawaii
- Crocodiles and Alligators on Brown’s winall
- House Democrats reluctant to take up Senate health-care reform bill
- Hey Obama, Who’s Freddy?
- 2009 Jihad Watch Award Winners
- “Hand of Allah” at Work in Iran
- Biggest Government Porkers of 2009 Named by Group
- Home News on Israel: Interesting point of Views regarding Zion
- Progressives: MLK was a RADICAL SOCIALIST?? OMG?
- Should Presidental interpretation “supersede” judical court rulings?
- Coakley Croaks!! Scott Brown Wins Mass Senate Seat!!!! OMG!!!!!
- 2nd Amendment VIOLATION by Feds In Austin TX!! WTF?? Perry Where the HELL are YOU?
- Plouffe Hiring Signals Obamas Focus On Populism, (video)
- Obama’s Act II, Same Script, Same Scapegoat?
- Health Care “Nuclear Option” Proposed, The Democratic Death Knell!
- Obama Schlepping For Newsweek Magazine??
- 2010 Election Reboot, And The Potential Fallout.
- From The White House Website
- Bin Laden wording ‘indicator’ of upcoming attack: monitor
- Two Gitmo Detainees Transferred to Algeria
- State of Disunion
- One Nation under Allah
- America Rising with no sympathy for Obama
- Global warming crooks and scammers
- Hitler: Obama probably failed lunch
- Obama rappin’ the Beatles Taxman… like you’ve never heard it before
- SCOTUS rules to protect free speech33.669465 -117.823111