Shovel Ready: Nation’s Capital Finds Winter Weather Boon and Boondoggle
But Do Snowstorms Stimulate or Stifle the Recession-Weary U.S. Economy?
Excuse me for stating the obvious, why is the government removing snow? I’m absolutely certain, with pensions, vast unionized employee overpayment, this could be one of thousands of positions that could be cut immediately and put out to bid. How can it possibly be a boon to Washington if tax payers are paying for it? The sensible thing would be to not remove any snow, completely shut down the working of Congress. The result, less freedom lost, less future taxes stolen. Serious thoughts about making changes while observing the passing parade, J.C.
In a town accustomed to starting new government programs to create jobs and spark economic activity, some Washington, D.C., area businesses are hailing the wintry mess of the past four days as a “shovel-ready” economic stimulus project in the making.
But experts say this month’s storms, with their “historic'” proportions, are ultimately a net negative for taxpayers, who foot the bill for snow cleanup and the lost productivity of more than 230,000 idle federal employees. Official Washington was shut down for a third straight snow day — unprecedented in recent times.
Office of Personnel Management chief John Berry, who decides when to close the federal government, has said each snow day costs taxpayers an estimated $100 million in work government employees don’t do. Complete Story:
- Sarah Palin brings down an0ther one; Palin stalking Progressive Troll Eric Robinson makes a total ass out of himself
- breaking: House Democrat Charlie Wilson died today
- Get ready for Progressives’ racism and sexism; Angela McGlowan is running for Congress
- yes another Progressive Scandal; Operatives drain Union Dues to fund Media Attacks on American Voters
- Sarah Palin vs Barack Obama; Real Class vs The Angry Man-Child
- Oh Oh, Feds Warn: Snow Costs Taxpayers $100 Million A Day…
- Less We Ever Forget
- ‘Tenther’ (a hint) movement aims to put power back in states’ hands
- TEN GOP HEALTH IDEAS FOR OBAMA
- OK Candidate releases son’s 1981 Hawaiian Certification of Birth
- Rise in solar activity all but certain to mess with GPS
- Why we should be Worried about 2/11 Iran Threat
- Presidents – Coming and Going :)
- BOB&TOM TV: “Obama Man” by Greg Morton
- Quote of the Week
- Miss Me Yet?’ Billboard With Photo Of Bush Is Real
- Post-America- A Nation of Appeasers
- Obama anti-terror adviser lashes out at lawmakers
- Bilderbergers: Creating a New World Order or completing “Work of the Ages”?
- 2nd Amendment VIOLATION by Feds In Austin TX!! WTF?? Perry Where the HELL are YOU?
- JFK and MLK warned Americans: Is there anyone that can replace these GREAT Patriots?
- Terminator Seed 1: Plot to Control Our Food Supply?
- Ahmadinejad Says Iran Is Now a ‘Nuclear State’
- The U.S. Government: Willfully Blind to the Jihad
- Obama’s Revisionist History of Terrorism
- Obama’s BIRTH CERTIFICATION Amendment was in last 6 months Before He Announced His Run For Presidency
- Wonder how your Senators rate?
- Can you think of anything scarier than this?
- The Tea Party is Over or so they think
- NOW’s response shows desperation in a losing cause
- A beautiful moment for the day
- NY might be the state to watch this election year
- Green Police ad hits reeeealy close to the nerve
- Crazed weatherman: H/t The Daily Caller
- From SmartGirlNation
- Sarah’s not the only one to use crib notes
- Conservative Blogs fighting for Truth & Limited Government
- Winter Olympic Babes of Vancouver 2010 (Hot Video)
- Classless Gibbs Mocks Sarah Palin in Press Briefing (Vid)
- Flashback Dems Cry lack of Snow means Global Warming (Vid)
- Boehner: “Why Talk About A Bill That Can’t Pass?” Vid.