Over the past year and a half, we’ve seen much in the way of speculation of what Obama is really up to, what his true agenda might be behind all the soothing and meretricious rhetoric.
It was quite clear that “Obama” was a construct, a carefully manufactured image, as all politicians are to one extent or another. But Obama was an extreme example — all image, most of it having little or no connection with any discernable substance. The gap between what he said and what he would then proceed to do was wide and glaring.
This obvious and undeniable discontinuity is the major factor feeding all the conspiracy theories — the ones featuring George Soros as puppet master, or the claims of adherence to Islam and so forth. If only it were that simple! The past few weeks have clearly revealed that Obama is something at the same time entirely more commonplace while also being more obnoxious.
- Cap & trade
- Marijuana legalization (tied in with ending the drug war as a whole)
- Amnesty for illegals
- Cutting Israel loose (We saw the first step toward this last week)
- Creation of an international legal system
- Media “reform”
- A new NRA (National Recovery Act here, playmates — not the gun guys.)
- A government-mandated green economy
- An equal outcomes “multicultural” society