- Sorry no murders, mayhem, rapes, stories about ISIS or politics: Just a story to remind us of humanity and that there are decent people who still walk among us.
- Ever been up close and personal with a U.S. Drone? You are about to be: Amazing footage below
- Arab leaders agree joint military force
- EU appeals Hamas court ruling taking group off terror list: Obama sides with Hamas and its Muslim Brotherhood
- UPDATE: “But, but, it goes against my belief system”
- UPDATE: America’s Foreign Policy is a Disgrace : Just the way Obama planned it
- FBI Director Testifies He’s Never Had Problems With Concealed Carriers
- US continues airstrikes in Tikrit despite involvement of Iranian-backed Shiite militias
- Legendary UNC coach Dean Smith left all of his former players $200 in his will for ‘a dinner out’ on him
- Defense Department Keeps Losing ‘Sensitive’ Explosives Gear, Then Finding It For Sale On Ebay
- 1 dragon
- A Diary of a Mad Conservative
- ACLG American Center for Law and Justice
- Atlas Shruggs Pam Geller
- Canada Free Press
- Citizens Against Government Waste
- Climate Depot
- Colony 14
- Conservative Blog Network
- Constitution online
- Cut Their Saleries
- Discover The Networks
- Family Security Matters
- FOX Business Online
- Global Incident Report
- Global Research
- hepsy's Kuleana
- Jag Hunter
- Jihad Joel Rosenberg
- Judicial Watch
- Lou Dobbs
- My Heritage Foundation
- NRA news channel
- Reagonite Republican
- Real American Politics
- Reclaim Freedom
- Sean Hannity
- Silent Soldier US
- Socialism Is Not The Answer
- Stratfor Global Intelligence Reports
- The American Watch Tower
- The Constitution Counts
- The Weekly Standard
- Track Bills In Congress
- UPS Tracking Site
- Wall Street Journal
Tag Archives: government waste
VIDEO: Sen. Tim Scott Asked How He Can Stand for the Poor and Be Conservative; You’ll LOVE His Answer!
Sen. Scott made history on Tuesday as he became the first black senator elected since the Civil War. Scott was previously appointed in January 2013 after then Senator Jim DeMint resigned to head the Heritage Foundation.
So, the oh-so-enlightened left should rejoice at the notion that the South has finally elected a black senator, right?
On Thursday, MSNBC host Thomas Roberts asked, “You say you’re concerned about kids that are growing up in the wrong zip code and, like yourself, had a tough start on the way out. But if we look at agencies that are following some of your voting records, they have concern. And the NAACP has given you an ‘F’ on their annual scorecard.”
Sen. Scott replied with a laugh and answered.
Text of talk below.
Comment by Jim Campbell, Citizen Journalist, Oath Keeper and Patriot.
I’ve reached a point in life where I no longer give a damn how much money the loons on the left squander or tax dollars. Eventually Lady Thatcher’s axiom will come into play.
When that happens, the revolution begins. Revolutions have an amazing way of cleaning up the gene pool.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, I’m J.C. and I approve this message.
The Heritage Foundation
In 2013, federal spending approached $3.5 trillion. Now that’s hard to wrap your brain around. It’s about $27,700 for every American household.
All across America, families balance their budgets, rein in spending, and pay down their debts. If Americans can do it, why can’t the federal government?
Instead, they’re wasting your taxpayer dollars on programs like the ones below. We’ve compiled just 15 examples of the ridiculous spending that is driving America toward a $17 trillion national debt.
1. GATHERING DUST: The Transportation Security Administration let 5,700 pieces of unused security equipment worth $184 million sit in storage in a Dallas, Texas, warehouse, which costs $3.5 million annually to lease and manage. Taxpayers lost another $23 million in depreciation costs, because most of the 472 carry-on baggage screening machines had been housed there for nine months or more. That’s a lot of money!
2. DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY: The National Science Foundation used part of a half-million dollar grant to develop a video game that simulates a high school prom.
3. BIRD IS THE WORD: The U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research spent $300,000 on a study that concluded the first bird on Earth probably had black feathers.
4. CAFÉ CAR: Taxpayer-funded Amtrak recovered only 44 cents of every dollar of its food and beverage costs on long-distance routes, which already annually lose money.
5. SO MUCH FOR ROBOT NANNIES: The Office of Naval Research spent $450,000 on a study that determined unintelligent robots do not have the ability to maintain a baby’s attention. (The Rest Below)
by Dan Mitchell
Last month, Dan shared a video about bloated bureaucracy from a group called Government Gone Wild.
That generated a big response, so here’s another video from the same group, only this one looks at egregious examples of government waste.
If you like videos on wasteful spending, but prefer a more attractive narrator, click here.
And if you want a video that looks at the economic cost of excessive government spending, watch this mini-documentary on the Rahn Curve.
Comments by Jim Campbell
Unless she was doing some serious shopping for a hut in Kenya, the acknowledged birth place of Barack Hussein Obama, this wide load has no business blowing taxpayer dollars on such an expensive frivolous event.
What possible government business could she have been doing for her to be able to use our tax dollars on such complete nonsense. She was elected to nothing. She needs to be chained to the kitchen at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. After all, Obama married her we didn’t?
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, I’m J.C. and I approve this message.
Washington, DC — October 4, 2011
Judicial Watch, the organization that investigates and fights government corruption, announced today that it has obtained mission expense records and passenger manifests from the United States Air Force related to the June 21-27, 2011, trip taken by First Lady Michelle Obama, her family and her staff to South Africa and Botswana. Judicial Watch obtained the documents pursuant to an August 19, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Air Force (No. 11-1496)).
Judicial Watch is investigating the purpose and itinerary of the trip as well as a breakdown of the costs to taxpayers.
On June 28, 2011, Judicial Watch filed a FOIA request seeking the mission takings, transportation records, and passenger manifests for Michelle Obama’s Africa trip. Documents were only provided after Judicial Watch filed suit:
- According to U.S. Department of Defense’s published hourly rates for the C-32A aircraft used for the trip, Judicial Watch calculated the total cost to American taxpayers was $424,142 for use of the aircraft (34.8 flight hours x $12,188 per hour). (The C-32 is a specially configured military version of the Boeing 757.) Other expenses – meals (off the plane), transportation, security, various services, etc. – have yet to be disclosed.
by Jim Campbell
To be sure, the cost of President Obama’s trip to India and other countries in Asia may be “wildly over stated” as claimed by the White House.
Then again since the “most transparent administration” in United States History refuses to account for the actual or projected cost, how will the voter ever know?
In Yesterday’s article in the Wall Street Journal, “Fuzzy Math Dogs Obama’s Asia Trip,” little credence was given to the numbers and in fact the journal called the assertion of 47 warships accompanying the President a rumor.
Today the Pentagon has refuted this story completely false. Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell called the notion of sending so many warships to protect the president “comical.”
Congratulations to the wave of Republicans who successfully ran on promises to tackle rising government debt and cut the hugely bloated federal budget. On the campaign trail, most candidates were not very specific about how they would cut the budget, but when they come to Washington they will be looking for good reform targets.
Newcomers to Congress can find a wealth of budget-cutting ideas in recent plans by various D.C. think tanks:
By Matt Cover
Are we getting clear now about why we don’t want to be sending more money to Washington? This is a disgusting waste of our money. Thinking and having a liberal mind are incompatible. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, I’m J.C.
(CNSNews.com) – The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), a division of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), spent $823,200 of economic stimulus funds in 2009 on a study by a UCLA research team to teach uncircumcised African men how to wash their genitals after having sex.
The genitalia-washing program is part of a larger $12-million UCLA study examining how to better encourage Africans to undergo voluntary HIV testing and counseling – however, only the penis-washing study received money from the 2009 economic stimulus law. The washing portion of the study is set to end in 2011.